About Our Services:
- We provide both professional and volunteers services at Faith in Action.
- Our volunteers are members of our We Care Team. They are screened, trained and matched with a client in need of assistance. Some volunteers serve as drivers, transporting seniors on a regular basis to medical appointments; others may clean, provide chore services, visit or help with paperwork. Still others work in groups, raking, building ramps or helping with moves.
- Our professionals serve with passion and purpose. They form a talented team from diverse disciplines who work together to meet the needs of the whole person. Our multidisciplinary team consists of a social worker and pastor, as well as nurses, educators, advocates and coaches.
About Our Programs:
- We offer a wide variety of programs for all ages. It might be easier to say what we don’t do–we’re not a food shelf; we don’t provide financial assistance, emergency shelter or work with domestic abuse (but if you need those services we can help to connect you with those who do).
- Through our programs and services we focus on meeting the needs of the whole person–physical, emotional, social and spiritual. We use person-centered planning to help our clients identify and reach their goals.
- In all our programs we practice the philosophy of relationship-based care. Through caring relationships we empower, motivate and equip our clients.
DIRECTORY OF SERVICES:
- Live Well At Home Program:
Eldercare (Professional Case Consultation Services which help seniors to remain living at home)
Caregiver Support (Professional Coaching Services support family members who are taking care of a loved one who is aging or ill)
- Individuals & Families in Need:
Furniture 4 Families (Beds, medical equipment, furniture & other household goods for individuals or families in need)
Every Person Matters (Volunteer and other assistance for individuals under age 60 that help them to live independently)
Turning Point (A coordinated effort that helps to empower families and individuals in need who have reached a turning point in their lives, helping them to find peace, establish and reach goals, and learn new skills and tools)
- We Care Team:
Volunteers partner with us to help provide basic services to those in need of a helping hand. Volunteers serve in their community and based on their schedule. Some examples of volunteering include:
Minor home repairs
Use your skills & hobbies to help others
- Assisted Transportation:
Volunteers can also help provide essential rides for our clients to:
- Grocery shopping
- Other necessary errands
- The Bridging Project:
Youth making a BIG difference by serving others in their local community (Local missions work)
Adopt-a-Grandparent (Mentoring relationships)
- Educational Classes, Workshops & Conferences:
Self – Care
Living Well with Chronic Disease
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
- Support Groups:
Grief & Loss Recovery
Caring for a Family Member with Memory Loss
Living with Memory Loss (for those who are living with memory loss)
- The GREAT Room in Elk River:
A “unique boutique” supporting Faith in Action
Located in historic downtown Elk River at 717E Main Street